A single unit that treats the liquid waste generated by Clinical Analysers
- Liquid Waste Treatment
- Controls the Levels of Biohazards and specific organic compounds
- Adjusts pH levels in the liquid waste
- Safer Working
- Protects the health and safety of colleagues and reduces spill risks and costs
- Reduces chemical storage requirements, compliance processes and costs
- Reduces total chemicals sent to drain, meeting precautionary principle standards
- A More Sustainable Solution
- Helps to reduce the environmental impact associated with using your clinical analyser
- Assists in laboratories meeting local and governmental guidelines and biohazard liquid waste disposal
- Stronger Operational Performance
- Maximises laboratory work-flow, increasing profitability
- Fewer interruptions enhancing colleague satisfaction
- Enhanced colleague satisfaction improves client and patient satisfaction
Analyser Liquid Waste Management in a Single Unit
Clinical analysers play a key role in human health and well being. However, the microorganisms, heavy metals, organic compounds and very high pH levels they produce can pose a significant risk to people and the environment. BIOX reduces those impacts.
The MEDICA BIOX is a clinical analyser fluid waste treatment system. It is designed to treat biohazards, reduce organics and pH from the liquid waste of a clinical analyser before it is discharged to drain.
MEDICA BIOX has been specifically designed to treat the liquid waste from a range of clinical analysers.
MEDICA BIOX uses a combination of technologies to control the levels of specific organic compounds and biohazards found in the liquid waste, significantly reducing the environment and human health.
The core principle within MEDICA BIOX is to treat the liquid waste using advanced oxidation processes, and eliminating the use of additional chemicals. Supporting technologies allow the adjustment of pH if required.
- What is the MEDICA BIOX?
The MEDICA BIOX is a clinical analyser fluid waste treatment system. It is designed to treat biohazards, reduce oragnics and pH from the liquid waste of a clinical analyser before it is discharged to drain.
- Why does ELGA LabWater offer BIOX?
BIOX helps laboratories to align more closely with the ever tightening regulations around clinicl fluid waste being discharged to drain.
- Which clinical analysers can the MEDICA BIOX be installed alongside?
The MEDICA BIOX is currently compatible with a select range of clinical analysers, although we are working hard to increase this range. For further details Contact us
- What countries is the MEDICA BIOX available in?
The MEDICA BIOX currently only available in the following countries: France, UK, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Ireland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Denmark, Finland, Poland, Norway, Sweden, Belgium, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Qatar.
- What Certificates does the MEDICA BIOX have?
Declaration of Conformity EMC Standards Safety Mark (Europe Only) RoHs Cert
- Can anybody install the MEDICA BIOX?
MEDICA BIOX treats biohazardous materials and it’s consumables should be considered biohazardous. Only engineers trained and certified by ELGA to work on the BIOX may install or service the product.
- Will we have to does the analyers liquid waste with additional chemicals to treat biohazards?
No the MEDICA BIOX uses advanced oxidation techniques to treat biohazards, reduce organics, and control the pH.
- What happens if there is no throughput from the analyser for a period of time?
The MEDICA BIOX is not impacted by analyser down time. It will treat effluent as is enters the product, and recirculate analyser liquid waste which is in the product.